Well, it has been a while since I posted any of my progress on the house. So here is a little update.
This weekend I finished laying all the tile in the bathroom shower, the bullnosed tiles for the baseboard and setting the shelf in the shower.
I also bought a wash tub for the garage. I did this so I can scrub my hands and my tools without having to come inside the house. Tonight I constructed the pipe system to connect from the wash tub to the existing drain system in the garage.
Anyways, my next steps for the bathroom are to clean all the tiles and make sure the grout paths are clear. Once, I have cleaned up the tile and grout paths I will be ready to grout the tiles. I will be using a polyblend sanded grout and a color matched caulk in the inner corners of the shower. I was told that I should use the caulk in the inner corners because the walls expand and shrink as the temperature changes and it usually causes grout in the inner corners to crack. Hence, use caulk because it is more flexible and can absorb the expansion and contraction of the walls.
I feel pretty good about all the progress I have made this weekend and can’t wait for the shelf to finish setting so that I can clean up all the tile and get to grouting. The vision of the bathroom is finally starting to come together and I can’t wait to get it finished.
Till next time.